Fast Food Pharmacy... kid's menu


Saturday, July 7, 2007

Soap is on Aisle 2

So I have 30 minutes to go before I am off for the day, and I'm at the register and here comes what I'll refer to as a walking infection. As soon as they get within five feet of the counter I get hit with a scent that I will call eau de god awful. Now I have set the pleasant welcoming expression on my face so I will not make any offensive expressions. So they come up, I get there name and check on their prescription and thank you god its ready, unfortunately I was right in my initial assessment of them, it is an amox-clav suspension so I will have to mix it. Which means that i will be downwind of them a little bit longer.

So I mix the suspension as quickly as I can, making sure to beat the powder loose before I put any water in it to avoid any troublesome clumping. As I'm mixing the tech in drive-thru is freed up so she takes the next customer in line and the walking infection asks, "do you guys sell liquor?"

Well a new tech is at the filling counter and just loud enough for us to hear she says, "nope but the soap is on aisle 2."
...all i can think in that moment is please do not have let them have heard her. Apparently prayer works. or maybe there was enough dirt to block the sound waves because the person takes their prescription and walks out of the store.

Unfortunately the smell lingers until we attack it with some neutralizer. ::sigh:: at least they didn't have any questions.

No comments: