Fast Food Pharmacy... kid's menu


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

doctor's call? yeah ok.

I'm sitting at in-window, yes I was sitting, there was a chair, no one was using it so I did. Anyway I'm sitting there typing away at the 34 images that managed to build up between my scanning, drive-thru and our neighbor stores routing shit to us. I wish my manager would let our stock run out so we could route crap to their store for once. But anyway the phone rings, I look around and oh yay I'm the only reasonable choice. ::sigh:: ok,
My comments are in bold, my thoughts are italicized.

"Hello, soul-sucking corporate pharmacy, how may I help you?"
'Um yeah I need to spell Megesterolol Ace-tat (megestrol acetate)." ...oh how tempting it was to say its spelled exactly how it sounds, but i digress.
m-e-g.. etc.,
"How much is it?"
What strength?
"What do you have?"
Are you serious?
"I need the liquid one."
Ok, 40 mg suspension, $149.99
"Ok the pill."
....do you have a prescription?
"I need a prescription for this? But I don't have a doctor right now." Then how in the blue hell did you come up with megestrol acetate?!
I'm sorry but you need a prescription for us to sell it to you.
"Fine!" Slams phone.

Okay back to my... 38 images? What the hell?!
Phone rings again.
Insert greeting here.

"Um.. yeah I need to call in a prescription for um me-ges-ter-ro-lol acetate"
you have got to be shittin' me
sure whats the quantity and the sig?
"um, one bottle of the liquid, and um just um tell 'em to do whatever the bottle says."
right... and ths is doctor...,
"Jackson"
and the DEA# is..."
"insert random numbers"
okay since this is clearly not a doctors office I'm going to hang up now.
"yes this is and I want..."

I hung up so I didn't catch the rest, but i was mentally hugging my high school diploma.